January 29, 2015

Hat in the Box


Hat in white box, tied with Holly's signature Red Bow
Red Bow, White Box at the Airport
I found my old hat blocks in the attic and I asked, Hat Maker, Holly Kennedy to put two top blocks together, with a rim turned upside down.  I wanted it to be very big, like Doctor Seuss's cat's hat. A dark black brown with an electric blue and brown ribbon and lining, so it is not as formal and sharp as a black, it is softer and can be worn with denims.  As I walked down the historic center in Rome a priest nearly bumped into me and ha stopped and looked up at me and realised that he had to keep going up that little bit extra to take in the size of the hat.  In this hat there is no escape, no room to hide, it's like being really really famous in 15 inches of hat height.  Class A celebrity status in one easy step of placing the hat on your head.